If you’re anything like us, you love a good glass of wine! Why not change it up and try something new? We have chosen a few wine based cocktails for you to try out, all of them are relatively easy so they don’t take a master mixologist.
- 3 ounces/90ml rosé wine (chilled)
- 1 ounce/30ml soda water
- Pour the wine into a glass, then add the soda water. Gently stir once. Add a sprig of thyme to garnish.
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1 green apple
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bottle dry white wine (chilled)
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1 handful mint leaves
- ½ lemon (sliced into rounds)
- Sparkling water
- Chop the peaches and apple into bite sized pieces and add them to the bottom of a large jug. Sprinkle them with sugar and stir. Let them stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- After 20 minutes, pour in the white wine and brandy. Add the fresh mint and thinly sliced lemon rounds. Stir and refrigerate for 1-4 hours. (Don’t go beyond 4 hours as the fruit will start to get soggy)
- Pour the white sangria into ice-filled glasses and top with a splash of sparkling water. Add fruit to each glass, preferably provide skewers for snacking.
French 75 Cocktail
- 1 ½ ounces/45ml gin
- ¾ ounce/22ml simple syrup
- 3 ounces/90ml champagne
- Make the lemon twist garnish if you’re using it.
- Place the gin, lemon juice, and syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake 15 seconds until cold. Strain the liquid into a champagne flute.
- Top off the glass with champagne, garnish and serve.
New York Sour
- 2 ounces/60ml bourbon whiskey
- 1 ounce/30ml lemon juice
- ½ ounce/15ml maple syrup or simple syrup
- 1 ounce/30ml dry red wine
- Add the bourbon. Lemon juice and syrup to a cocktail shaker and fill it with a handful of ice. Shake until very cold.
- Strain the drink into an ice-filled lowball glass.
- Carefully pour the wine over the back of a spoon just above the surface of the drink, creating a layer on top. Serve with a lemon twist if you like.