At Fiesta Royale Hotel we support SUSTAINABLE TOURISM and embrace GREEN INITIATIVES that are kind to our environment, grow our communities and preserve our heritage for future generations.
Support Local Communities
- Our employees are all from the surrounding area, as we believe that sustainable living starts with giving back to the local community.
- We abide by a sustainable purchasing policy, where we source our products and produce from local suppliers; in this way we can continue to build up our community.
- We are actively working to give back as much as we can to the local community; we do this by stocking our gift shop with local products, donating used furniture and linens to staff members and getting involved in initiatives in the surrounding areas.
- The grounds make use of a borehole water system and all wastewater is treated onsite.
- All bathrooms are fitted with Low Flow shower heads and Dual flush toilets to assist in water saving.
- Our property makes use of solar panels, to minimize the non-renewable energy usage.
- All Back of House and Front of House areas are fitted with LED lights, as well as having occupancy sensors.
- Our newly installed carpeting and flooring is eco-friendly.
Sustainable Food Chains
- All the vegetation on our grounds is indigenous to the area, we also have a new vegetable garden to have a more sustainable source of produce.
- We abide by a sustainable purchasing policy, where we source our products and produce from local suppliers; in this way we can continue to build up our community
Waste Reduction Management
- Plastic, paper, glass, and kitchen oil are recycled by local companies, due to our newly implemented Waste Management System.
- We are in the process of replacing older equipment with Energy Efficient equipment; to try and generate as little waste as possible, we always attempt to reuse and repair our existing equipment first.
- The elimination of single use plastics throughout our property is one of our short-term goals that we continuously work towards.